If you need to connect a PDA, digital camera, modem or an ISDN terminal with a serial port to your laptop or tablet, then Tripp Lite's U209-005-DB25 USB-to-Serial Cable Adapter is a great choice. The U209-005-DB25 allows you to connect legacy RS232 peripherals with either a 9-pin DB9 or 25-pin DB25 connector to your computer's USB port. The U209-005-DB25 comes with USB A (Male) and DB9 (Male) connectors; the included DB9-to-DB25 cable adapter can be inserted onto the DB9 connector for use in USB-to-DB25 (M/M) connections. The cable is plug-and-play and requires no external power. The U209-005-DB25 supports data transfer rates up to 230 kbps and has a 5 ft. overall length. It is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems, as well as Android tablets / phones with a USB Host Mode (OTG) cable (Tripp Lite U052-06N) and OS version 3.2 and above.
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7, Server 2008, 8, 8.1, Server 2012, and 10
- Compatible with Mac OS
- 10.6 through 10.12
- Compatible with Linux Redhat 7.3, 8.0 and 9.0 (Linux Kernel 2.4.31 and above; already includes built-in drivers)
- Android devices will require
- USB Host Mode (OTG) cable (Tripp Lite's U052-06N) to connect the U209-005-DB25 to the device.
- U209-005-DB25 USB-to-Serial Adapter Cable
- DB9-to-DB25 adapter
- Owner’s Manual